What we do
In 2017-18 the growth of Make It Happen was accelerated by a desire to give back to one of the most historical parts of Birkenhead by utilising the skills, assets and talents of those who locally also want to ‘Make It Happen’.
About Make It Happen
Make it Happen was born from the aspirations of Mrs Chris Allen BEM and Amy Butterworth, along with many caring & supporting friends and colleagues who share a genuine passion for the community using a real Asset Based Community Development approach.
In 2017-18 the growth of Make It Happen was accelerated by a desire to give back to one of the most historical parts of Birkenhead by utilising the skills, assets and talents of those who locally also want to ‘Make It Happen’. This was when the name was born and was chosen to be exactly what it is. Make It Happen is an open shop, social supermarket and community hub for for all. It is a welcoming, safe place located in the heart of Market Street for everyone to spend time in and enjoy.
What is Make it Happen?
We provide a community venue that houses a number of offers that anyone can use, be involved in and benefit from, this includes;
- A pay as you feel shop, pay as you feel for products such as clothing, CD's, DVD's, etc
- A social supermarket where we sell intercepted food at heavily discounted prices.
- Work placements for community members, university/college students and Princes Trust or Duke of Edinburgh volunteers.
- A community hub for anyone who wishes to run community activities, workshops, meetings or pop up events, as well as any individuals and artisans who would just like to perform.
- Business pop-up space for people to use in order to set up business events or test small business ideas in a friendly environment free from pressure.
- Alternative trading for individuals and community members who may wish to sell local products.
Our name is the golden thread of the work that we do and the logo is the shape of a finger print, this shows that everyone has a stake in our community and can leave a fingerprint.
“We engage and empower people to use what they have to make it happen and become restorers of their own lives, their streets and the lives of others."